Saturday, April 03, 2010

The Highlight Of My Day....

I would have to say is the end, but is there ever really an end???

I'm not so sure. Every night I put my children to bed at 8 on the dot. I'm very strickt on their bedtime and strive to instill healthy sleeping habits. Sure... occasionally, I'll be out and a bed is not readily available but then we just wait till we come home and It's "Kailie brush your teeth and slip into your jammies" and I prepare a bottle for Ben. I'm actually pretty lucky because neither of my kids are a pain to put down [listen to me they sound like dogs]. All Ben needs is a bottle and a quick song and all Kailie asks is I read a book to her before bed. They're perfect. 

So they're not the problem, but the fact that I turn into a wild woman with a night life when they sleep, is.

Yes. No. I was kidding. Although night time is my time to unwind first comes Laundry, kitchen cleaning, bedroom, bathrooms and everything I can't possibly do uninterrupted during the day. Then when that's done or not (Sometimes I give up, I'll be honest). I go on to maybe write my husband a letter [that I probably won't sent] or edit a video for YouTube, which I recently picked back up. My days drag into nights, and my nights drag into days. Usually by the time I get everything out of the way or half started and put back down [LOL] It's 2am and I'm no longer going to bed and waking up tomorrow, I'm taking a "Power Nap!" and waking up in a couple of hours. It's a never ending story of an Army Wife on deployment and I say this because most other wives I speak to agree, that when the husband is gone getting to bed becomes much more difficult. How could it not? Who wants to go to bed alone? I don't that's for sure. I want my husband to cuddle up to and when I should be asleep I'm staring at my iPod's world clock, set to Baghdad time, wondering what he's doing at that very moment.

* Moral of the Story *

My life during deployment is like a run-on sentence, it has it's pauses [overuse of commas and semicolons] but does it ever really stop? And does it make sense? LOL!

Peace. Love. Sanity. (Please) 

I hope you giggled!

No comments:

Followers