Monday, May 10, 2010

The End Of The Yellow Brick Road...

I've been standing still for far too long. Waiting, praying, hoping. Waiting for my husband to come home, praying he's safe and hoping time goes by quickly. It's not much longer now, our family as well as countless others are preparing for the return of their soldier. I can feel the emotions people go through, a sense of elation that surrounds them and me as well. This Mother's Day weekend was an exceptionally lovely one, not just because of the flowers my husband sent me or the my daughter remembering [of her own accord] to wish me a happy holiday. Also because we prepared banners for our soldiers homecoming.

Below: Megan Parker and Andrea Degraca

The banners will hang in the gym when our husbands come marching in. It will be only a small token of our love and appreciation for the immense sacrifices they make. It took our time, love and a lot of effort to create and we hope it conveys to them even a fraction of how happy we are that they're returning.

Below: Megan Parker, Andrea Degraca and Rochelle Tapia

It's really exhilarating to know that in so little time they'll be back, It's a relief as well. So many of us are managing a household on our own that involves more responsibility than we're used to. Dealing with basic (or not so basic) challenges like a pregnancy, a birth, your child going from infancy to toddler or even an elementary age child transforming to a preteen. Then there's those out of the ordinary situations we have to learn to get by like buying a house, selling a car, changing a car battery or affixing a license plate to the front of your vehicle (LOL). We've certainly learned to cope with whatever comes our way, and after almost a year of this (more than a year if you count training beforehand) we're happy to share the responsibility once again and welcome our own "Battle Buddies" home.

Below: Megan, Rochelle and I

So, Thank You. Not only to the men and women who have put their lives on the line for our freedom, but to the women who stayed behind. Those women who we're not only my support system, but my family. I am eternally grateful to you all for your friendship, your moral support, and your encouragement. You will always have a place in my heart and in my home. I love you all.  We're at the end of the race! We are all victorious!

Peace. Love. Sanity.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i LOVED reading this and i LOVED the pics with it! CONGRATS!!! how amazing to have him home soon! Thank you BOTH for your service as well as the other brave men and women!

Jeanette said...

Awww! I'm glad you liked it! Thank You for the comment and for your service as well!!! =D x x

Followers