Wednesday, November 13, 2013

With Love- Entry One

To my babies:
No one said this life would be easy, no one ever told me it was worth it either. I was raised with only one purpose… Educate myself. And I failed at that. I’ve never been a good daughter, not nearly a perfect sister. As a person, I may leave a lot to be desired. But I love, goodness I love with the entirety of my heart. So much so, it physically ails me when someone I love is sad. My greatest loves are you, my children. So if I am a terrible friend, sister, daughter it’s okay. Yet I refuse to fail YOU.
About Me-
If you need me; I’m here, not always physically but emotionally and even mentally, you’re always in my heart and even in my thoughts. I don’t carry an off switch because for me at least, it doesn’t work that way. If you really love a person you can’t simply cut that love off. Then it was never love. But if you separate from me I love you so much and so dearly that I release you. Never denying my friendship or my love for you, simply respecting your desires. My arms always open for when you return.
Kids, when you love someone and I mean anyone not just a man or a woman in the intimate sense but a friend or family member, you never turn your back. They push and pull and say hurtful things and maybe you’ll ask daddy and daddy will say “Remove them from your life.” but if you ask me I’ll say, that person is different than you and shows love (and insecurity) differently. Don’t push or pull or hurt them back. Say simply “I’m sorry if I failed you, if in someway I have hurt you. But that hurt and it was unjust and undeserved”. Because in the end, with each angry, bitter, hateful word you spill you only harm yourself. You my loves were put on this earth to be much better than that.
No matter how badly I ruin me, I’m never so awful to bring someone else down with me on a bad day. Neither should you. There is NO better feeling my loves then reaching beyond that pain and giving love, no smile more genuine, no joy that can heal more. Nothing will help your heart grow more that sharing the love in your heart.
Then, when I die, you will sit at my bedside and I will want to know (if nothing else) I taught you LOVE in all it’s splendor. Not the romanticized, tragic Romeo and Juliet “love” but the kind of love people of all paths will remember you for. I want to leave behind two adults so selfless, that I know they’ll never be alone. You will be loved. Love, Me

No comments:

Followers