Wednesday, November 13, 2013

With Love- Entry Three

If your father and I have been the least bit successful in raising you both, you are caring, compassionate, and empathetic among other things. The type of people others come to in their time of need. This, my sweet children, is what life is made of. Living life doing for others… what you would like done for you, the golden rule. However, once in a while complications will arise.

People will from time to time take advantage, be good but also weary. Is it okay to do a lot for one person if that person can only repay you in kindness and friendship? Yes. Take it. But if they take what you give and quickly turn on you, then only call on you when they need you once more, learn to accept that is not friend.
These decisions are hard to make, and believe me, we’ve all been there. Study your friendships with a keen eye. No one should manipulate you or take you for granted. One day, you’ll make that choice that definitive moment in life you’ll lose someone but gain so much more. It’s okay to cut someone loose who takes and never gives, it doesn’t make you terrible. You deserve so much more than that.
I’ll know when you come to me, that hurt and despair over the actions of a friend and “I’ll say you have a heart of gold, just as I intended, but to keep it gold… You should surround yourself with worthy people. People who will help you polish your golden heart to a brilliant blinding shimmer.”
I’ll live and die happy knowing you’ll be your brightest, loved genuinely. 




No comments:

Followers